With so much going on in your office on a daily basis, finding the right insurance policy to ensure you’re fully-protected can seem like an impossible task. Perhaps you regularly attend or showcase at trade shows and need to cover your equipment, displays and stock. Perhaps you’re concerned about business interruptions which may limit profit. Perhaps you’re anxious about how much proper cover would cost. Well then, we recommend you read our handy guide that details all you’d ever want to know about office insurance, helping you pick the right cover for you.
Office Insurance can be broken down into different options, such as:
- Protects your office from accidental damage, floods, fires and storms.
- Includes trace and access – for example locating the source of a gas or water leak.
- Covers the costs charged by emergency services.
- Provides compensation for rebuilding costs, as well as rent required should your office become inhabitable.
- Some insurers also include ‘loss prevention costs’, whereby the insurer will pay to protect your office from impending damage.
- Covers office equipment, furniture and data against damage, loss and theft.
- Covers the costs of replacing locks and keys following a theft or robbery.
- Offers protection at indoor exhibitions and trade shows, as well as for cleaning, repair and renovation purposes.
Public And Product Liability:
- Protects your company against claims of accidental damage, injury, illness or death made by members of the public.
- Provides compensation for harm done as a result of product defects.
- Pays damages for wrongful arrest, imprisonment or eviction from your office.
- Cover includes business undertaken across the UK and can usually be extended to locations abroad.
- Provides compensation to employees who suffer injuries, illnesses or die due to their jobs, both in the UK and abroad.
- Covers court attendances.
- Covers rent, wages and loss of profits should trading become impossible, due to fire, flood, office damage, denial of access or supplier-related issues.
- Includes local authority closure due to murder, vermin, defective sanitation or disease.
- Book debts sum insured, covering money owed.
- Covers removal and replacement of glass fixtures, fittings, frames, frameworks and display windows due to breakage or damage.
- Covers costs of replacing lettering, painting or alarm foil on glass (this can also be chosen as ‘All Risks On Fixed Signs’ cover).
- Includes boarding up costs.
- Accidental damage to goods caused by breakage of display windows.
Goods In Transit:
- Protects office contents and stock while in transit in vehicles owned, leased or hired by you, across the UK and Ireland.
Loss Of Money:
- Reimburses you for money lost or stolen while in transit, in a safe, from your home, at your premises or taken by an unauthorised employee.
- This includes unauthorised use of credit cards.
- Covers damage done to safes, carrying cases or clothing resulting from theft or attempted theft.
- If you, or a named member of staff suffer illness or bodily injury which includes loss of limbs or sight, total or temporary disablement, or even death, then medical expenses, corrective surgery and disablement are covered.
- Victim support can also be provided.
Optional cover includes equipment breakdown, commercial legal expenses, specified all risks and protection from acts of terrorism.
When taking out an insurance policy, it’s important to look out for certain exclusions that may not be included, such as:
- Computer Viruses and Hacks.
- War and Government Action.
- Damage caused by burst boilers.
- Damage due to broken aerials or satellite dishes.
- Professional indemnity, such as malpractice or breach of duties.
- Stock damage caused by natural deterioration.
Develop A Safety Culture In Your Office.
Some claims are impossible to predict, but others can be avoidable. We recommend developing a safety culture within your office to reduce the risk of public, product and employer liability.
For example, you could:
- Provide health and safety training, making employees aware of possible hazards and what they can do to avoid injury.
- Encourage and reward hazard reporting. Employees will feel more comfortable voicing concerns if they know they won’t be penalised for it.
- Conduct regular inspections at your office and all bases of operations.
Considering A New Office Insurance Policy?
At JonSimon Insurance, we can advise you on a range of options and streamline various cover into one policy.
Our Office Insurance can include:
- Public & Products Liability.
- Employers Liability.
- Computers and Other Electronic Equipment.
- Office Fixtures and Fittings.
- Business Interruption, including Book Debts.
- Legal Expenses.
- Business Records.
- Buildings Cover, if required.
- Computer Breakdown, if required.
If you would like to learn more about our Office Insurance and how we can protect everything within yours, why not call us on 0161 710 3043 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org today. Feel free to pop into our office for a friendly chat and coffee too!